Thursday, June 28, 2007

Waiting day 9







(Laura)



Picking Vanya up has made for a great morning for me. Even though the beds are hard and the shower is difficult, my cloths are cruchy, and my fingernails are breaking, once I see that smile on my little boy when I arrive to get him, all those little inconveniences just drift away. He is simply amazing and I'm sure I will learn as much from him as he will from me. He played so nicely with the other kids in the group of friends we have met. One couple has a 21 month old boy, one has an almost 3 year old boy, one has a 2 1/2 old girl and one has a 14 month old boy. Vanya was so good at rolling the ball gently for the younger ones and sharing his toys with them. He didn't grab or hit or any of the other things we have seen so prevalently at the other boys orphanages. It really shows how well he has been taught and cared for thus far. I was very impressed.



He looks up in the sky everytime he hears an airplane and says Papa? He does miss his papa and kisses his picture everytime we get it out. He is learning to do the stacking cups and figuring out how to make them all fit right. He is pretty smart so far. At least I think so. No bias or anything!



Our driver, Roman, has been great and even though his music is less than desireable he is very pleasant and helpful. I think Rob must have paid him or something to take good care of us because he even pushed the shopping cart for us at the grocery store and told us which kind of detergent smelled the best. I think that is unusual for a taxi driver so we feel very blessed. Igor is off to the beach with a friend girl and will be back on Sunday so that we can pick up the court decree on Monday and start the paperchase. We will miss the people we have met here but I can't wait to get home and sleep in my own bed. Even if we end up with extra little people in it with us I won't mind a bit. I think I might join in on the boys nap time whne we get back. I'm looking forward to getting back on a regular "predictable" schedule and being able to count on things occuring the way we anticipate without the last minute fire drills and changes of plans. If course I realize there will be those things along the way but am glad it isn't a way of life at home.



Tired but very happy mama :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, it's so great to hear the joy in your voice! What a magical time for you and Rob! I'm sure Travis will be just as smitten by his little brothers as you both are! We can't wait to meet them. Our girls have already volunteered to babysit!
Lots of love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Yahoo! That means you could be stateside by the end of next week! As for being tired, I think that just goes with being "Mom". You kindof get used to it and then when you're not tired, you really feel great. We're praying for you and your little guys. Love, Charlene and Tim

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Define normal, your coming home with 3 little boys, and you can't wait to get back to normal!!! We can't wait to have you back, looking forward to getting some of those hugs, a few of the punches, and lots of fun and laughter.
We continue to pray for a smooth path to home.
Love,
Rick and Fran