Sunday, June 24, 2007

Home again Home again, jigety jig........

Rob speaking)
As my wonderful mother-in-law says "Home again, Home again, jigety jig". I finally made it home at around 2am Saturday morning. When my head hit the pillow I totally went unconscious. When I woke up I promptly stuck my head under the sink in the bathroom and took a big long drink, no cup, no cupped hands. Sorry Laura if this embarrasses you, but anyone who has been gone that long will relate, and I bet you do the same thing when you get home.

I went back in to the blog spot today to catch up on all of Laura's posting that I missed and actually found myself missing being there. I didn't miss the place, but I missed my family that is there. Fortunately Mayra was here to keep me company, Travis is still in Northern VA, but I look forward to seeing him this evening. I also want to thank everyone for sending your comments to Laura while she is still there. I hated to leave her, but June will be a huge help, and I feel very relieved that she is there with Laura.

It was really great to get back to church today. I always enjoy Mark's messages, but today was extra special. I was so happy to see all my friends and get a big old hug from Pop. I am looking forward to getting back together with our home group, and the Saturday morning bible study gang. And yes, I am even looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.

(Laura, don't read the following paragraph, I don't want you to be jealous)

Mayra and I went out last night for a great steak dinner complete with salad that actually contained lettuce. I even made the waitress guess how long it had been since I had a lettuce salad; 5 weeks. She probably thought I was crazy, and she would have been right. I enjoyed a big fat 14oz NY strip steak, with a baked pototo, and a huge dessert.

I did talk to Laura today, they are heading to Tokmak city for their extended time of visits with Victor. Hopefully they will find good accommodations complete with a toilet and hot water.

Fat, dumb, and happy,

Rob

2 comments:

Passanita Family said...

Just thought I'd be the first to comment to you, Rob. Outback is deifnitely in my future when we return. Even though we will have three more little mouths to feed Mama is getting a salad and steak too! Did you really think I wasn't going to read that part? Silly husband. The boys, babushka, and I Miss you lots.
Your not so patiently awaiting going home wife

Unknown said...

Rob, good to see yesterday back in America and enjoying yet another steak at Sharon's!! I know how much you miss Laura, it was hard to leave Dale & Irina when I returned..rather bittersweet. I pray the time goes fast until Laura and boys are home...in the meantime, you have a bunch of work to catch up on!
Blessings,
Debbie