Friday, June 29, 2007

Day10










(Laura)
Well at the end of the business day today, June 29, there will officially be 3 more Passanita's. We are assuming there will not be any appeals of course. I have looked forward to this for many years and am just thrilled beyond belief what blessings God has bestowed on us. Each of the boys is a unique creation and He has chosen us to raise them. I still can't really believe it. From the very first day I saw them I knew they were perfect for us. Even though I will miss painting fingernails and making pony tails I have always been somewhat of a tomboy so soccer, hotwheels, and climbing trees is just fine by me.
Rob has officially declared that our family is now closed. I told him to never say never but I am agreement with that statement for the moment. There were many kids who we would have brought home with us if we could (Andrey, Sergey, Sasha, etc.) but we also have to be able to have enough time for them as well. Perhaps those who read our blog might have been touched enough to look into some of the ones we have mentioned. Every kid derserves to have parents who love them and can care for them. For many of these kids this is the only life they have known and don't have any hope that anyone will ever come for THEM. It's really quite sad because many of them are very nice kids who just need a chance at a future. Ok I'll get off my soapbox now. Oh, one more thing, if you are interested in helping orphans in Ukraine there is an organization called Heart for Orphans that we are a part of as well as the orphan ministry at our church. Email us offline and we can give you more info.
Vanya is learning new things everyday and the caregivers are starting to have him say bye bye instead of paka when I drop him off. It is sooo cute. It is getting increasingly harder to bring him back each time and he tries to think of anything and everything to get me to stay longer. Maybe if I bring a backpack I can stow him away and keep him. Just kidding. I'll get to keep him forever very soon. We hope to pick the boys up this coming Tuesday for Yuri and Vanya and then Wednesday for Victor. It will be quite interesting to see how they will relate to each other. I'm hoping that Vanya will lead the way and have the other boys take after him in his gentle caring compassionate nature.
Prayers are needed for Babushka as she has contracted Ivans Revenge. Ivan is Montezuma's Ukrainian brother. She feels fine but the bathroom must be close at all times. Hopefully with a little vitamin I (Immodium) she will be better in no time. She is a real trooper and I continue to be thankful for having her here with me. Vanya was very upset when he ran into the shelter calling for her and she wasn't there. The whole furrowed eyebrows and all. Babushka? he said with his hands turned up side down. Then he looked at me and asked why. When I told him she was sick he just sighed. I know he will be happy again when he sees she is better.

And for those who would like for me to define normal from my previous post I thought I would take a minute to do so:
1) Water that is drinkable
2) A shower that you don't have to hold the nozzle of
3) A bank teller that doesn't snarl at you
4) Having a clothes dryer and a washer that holds more than 2 outfits.
5) Knowing where my church is and how to get there
6) Knowing that the grocery store has what I'm looking for and if they don't then there is another one close by that will.
7) Not running out of minutes on the telephone
8) being able to have a Salad that has actual lettuce in it
9) Being able to drive myself where I want to go
10) Being able to call someone after finding their number in a PHONE BOOK

Other than those small things I don't really think there is a normal for the other things in life. There will always be surprises and bumps in the road but we serve a God who is bigger than all those things and will continue to light our path and lead our life in the way He wants us to go. I will look forward to getting back to our church. I have to go to the internet cafe just to listen to some christian music. There was only one time in our whole stay that we heard a christian station on the radio and I believe that was a God thing and was meant just for us at that paticular time. Perhaps He could find Roman's car and pipe in some more of that.

I can't wait to get all of the paperwork done done and be able to show some pictures of the all the boys together. That will be a great day! I wish papa were going to be here to see those very first looks they will have when they all meet each other and are together. I'll try to capture it on the camera so everyone can share in that moment but it might come and go rather quickly so I'll do my best to be on my toes. Stay tuned. It should be Wednesday of next week.

We all miss you Papa! Vanya sends his kisses and I know the other boys are looking forward to hanging off your arms and flying up in the air. Vanya is showing you he was Big Boy today after climbing on the big kids bars all by himself. Mama was of course ready to catch him if he fell but thankfully he didn't.

Thhhaaats all for now Folks. Keep those prayers and comments coming. They really lift my spirits and make my day to know everyone is thinking about us and praying for us.

Laura

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, Rejoicing with you on the final 10th day! What a remarkable God journey you and Rob have had! I have cried many a tears reading your blogs, your life is truly demonstrating that "through Christ you can do all things" and without a question God is being Glorified! Your boys are so beautiful, I look forward to seeing those sweet little faces in Williamsburg soon!
In Christ,
Tiffany Via

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Praise God for this special day. Your e-mail was very reflective of the blessing that God has given you and touched us so much. The love and acceptance that the boys have for you and you for them only shows that this match was made in heaven. We are looking forward to the pictures of all 3 together. We are praying for you and your mom and all the details that are yet to be done.
Love Rick and Fran

adoptedthree said...

Happy Travels and it will all work out and then before you know it you will be home..although it feels like forever.

Email when you return about Luda

She is now my mission

Unknown said...

Laura, congratulations on the 10th day! The love you have for your boys and they for you is such a blessing. We are looking forward to seeing pictures of all the boys together! God bless you all and we continue to pray daily for you, your mom and boys and for your safe return home.
God Bless,
Debbie & Dale