Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hurry Up and WAIT!......UH Do It Again?

Well, just another Tricky day. We thought we were good assuming that our Thursday/Friday date was moved to Tuesday. Now we're not sure we can get Tuesday either. The Lawyers are being difficult, so we're getting rid of the Lawyers. The court is being difficult, so we may need to use another court. Do you think they have ever heard of video conferencing, probably not. _________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________. This comment was removed by censure.

I'm sure you've figured out by now that this is Rob speaking, Laura never gets censured. Have any of you ever read the book "Who Moved My Cheese?" If not, it's a must read. I think that book should be mandatory in the packets of information that adoption agencies hand out to their clients. Fortunately I have read this book, and fortunately I remember some of what was written in it.
Rule #1, Ukrainians like to move your cheese.
Rule #2, The first time your cheese was moved was just practice for the real cheese moving.
Rule #3, I think you can only be in the country for 6 months, so eventually they let you get the cheese.

In reality I truely pity people that I come across that start singing their sad song, as I am doing now. Boy will I have a story for them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not Mr. Doom and Gloom, but there are only 2 people right now that I can vent to. I don't want to wear out my welcome with them, so all of our blog friends get the spill-over.

We still can't get out to see Victor because of these court issues. I hope he doesn't think we have forgotten about him. Laura has been quite busy keeping the Ukrainian economy moving forward, she should now have all the kids clothed including jackets and hats (why jackets, its hot here?) Truth be known, she has done very well buying cute clothes at very good prices. I remember when Crystal and Travis were young, she was always buying them clothes and such. I felt slighted, and I guess I better get used to it again. But, its worth it just to see the smile on her face. I can always make more money, and if not; I have 3 more people to give a tin cup to, which means I can cover 3 more street corners.

We are hoping to go see Yuri today, hopefully for a little while. That's the nice part of our day, we just get to play. And surprising enough, a ball, toy phone, Matchbox cars, and toy trucks can keep these kids of all ages busy and entertained. No Nintendo, no TV, no Videos, no IPOD's, nothing but being outside. Even though its hot and dusty you still play outside, just like when we were kids. I will be excited to be to the point when I can say.....remember when we thought we would never get out of Ukraine, that is a line I can't wait to use.

Maintaining a holding patern,

Rob and Laura

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob and Laura,
Keep the faith! We always said it was like walking on jello- funny all the food analogies.
Erin complained to me the other day that kids here don't really play at sports in PE. She said the girls are afraid to run towards the ball in volleyball-for fear of breaking a nail or get sweaty in soft ball. What kind of culture have we created here with our electronic stuff?
Vent all you need to! It just motivates more prayer on our end.
Blessings,
Beverly Bruce

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, the delays. It's all part of the process. Our five weeks in Ukraine were very difficult because it was so cold outside (February) and it got dark so early. I think my husband still has nightmares about it. Hah.

It sounds cliche, but hang in there. Soon you will be back in the rat-race at home and you might actually miss these slow days in which you had nothing to do but wait.

Laura (blog reader)

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath! Everything will work out... Soon enough you will be back here, with the rest of your crazy family, and praying for a vacation. C'mon, look at the bright side, no overbearing teenagers are traveling with you.

Love you Dad,

Crystal

Anonymous said...

Rob and Laura,
Rick calls it Spiritual Labor! The push is difficult but the rewards are amazing. Push through, you'll make it and we'll all be over here praying for you. Enjoy your play time and Laura, the shopping has just begun, just think of all the shopping malls back home.
Love you,
Fran and Rick

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Keep remembring that everything is God's timing. In the end you will see how beautiful it is.

P.S. - Remember that when everyone keeps moving your cheese, who the Head Cheese really is!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I couldn't speak to you today. The second time you called, I was in a photo shoot with my son. It was senior picture day and no phones allowed. I will call you as soon as I can in the morning. Hang in there. We are all praying!!!!

Sharon

Unknown said...

Laura & Rob,
Hang in there, one day at a time, it can be very hard. We pray for speediness in all the court and lawyer dealings. You guys are tough, you wouldn't be where you are otherwise and remember the Lord is always along-side with you.
Blessings,
Debbie & Dale