Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The train leaves at 8pm

Well we will get to experience the trian tonight. That should be very interesting from all that I have heard. Guess what? We managed to get the one with the air conditioning!! Woohoo for me (Laura) because I would be miserable with this heat if we didn't have it. Yep, I'm spoiled. The adventure so far has been fun. Even though it doesn't look like I'm going to get my girl :( I will just have to spoil everyone elses girls.

I'm really excited about meeting the boys either tomorrow or the next day. Their pictures were really cute. We will reserve judgement until we actually meet them and see their medical file and such. Have been searching and praying but not hearing much right now. I don't want to rely on my emotions as I know God has a specific plan. I'm simply waiting to hear. Please continue to pray for us as we meet the boys and make the decision as to whether those are "the ones" or whether He has others in mind for us. We did start to pick out some names and that has been pretty fun. No, mom, I'm not sharing those just yet. I know you are dying to ask.

Our driver, Nicholi, has been great! He is very calm and soft spoken behind his big burly exterior and bald head. Boy he can carry some luggage though! I don't think I have seen anyone carry that much. He must be half pack horse.

We went to a great market today. The produce was twice as good as the best I've seen in Virginia. I think I could have passed on seeing the bull head complete with teeth, horns, you name it, it was still intact. No skin though. The markets look alot like the ones in Mexico. I'm guessing people here go to the market each day as most things are not refrigerated here (meat included). We have had lots of interesting food so far: Vernicky, borshe, pizza with blue cheese. I will try some things but McDonalds is always available somewhere close by.

The train will leave tonight at 8:30pm and will arrive in the region at 6:45am. I'm hoping that the majority of the time will be spent sleeping. I know, wishful thinking. At least it was nice that the Henry's warned us that they bang on your door 1 hour before your stop and you MUST open the door and show them you are up. Good thing we knew that or they might have been banging for a very long time.

Today we get to relax a little and just hang out at the Sense office and catch up on things. It is nice that we can use the internet and store our luggage here until we leave for the train. Both Julias are very nice. Rob will get to do some of his school work and I can look up some things on the internet that might be helpful for where we are going.

Thank you to all those who are praying for us. Don't stop! And if you're not, now would be a good time to start. We appreciate any and all prayers. (Guidance, health, speedy process, for the boys, for our kids at home, etc , etc)

(Rob speaking)Laura has even become so desperate to speak to people here she has resorted to ask if they speak Spanish. Boy does that bring a strange look. I can't really fault her, I keep trying to tell people Si' when I should say Da. Mayra is really rubbing off on us. Travis would be happy though, we wouldn't be pestering him to translate like we did in Mexico, he could just act dumb like me.

Too da loo for now,
Laura and Rob

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll keep praying, guys. God is faithful and will make all things clear to you in his time. He is so good!

Love,
Darryl & Christine

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing with you, praying God's word for you. Praying the still small voice of the Holy Spirit will be so clear for you both!

Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." (NIV)

In Christ,
Tiffany Via

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura and Rob,
We are praying for you here and wishing you Godspeed as you experience the Ukrainian trains that we have heard so much about. God led us to Libby and Trent in His time and I know that He will show you the children He has already planned for your family. You might find it interesting to hear that just yesterday God placed it on my heart to begin to pray for more young boys from Ukraine to be adopted by famlies here in Williamsburg! When I read your post this morning I was amazed!! WOW!
The Henry's are due home tonight and it seems as if everyone I've met today is excited for them and praying for more kids to find their "forever families". We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
Robin Doucette

Anonymous said...

Sounds like yall are having quiet the adventure. Be safe yall cause I need some one to come home and pay my $80 dollar dentist bill. haha. Hmmm 3 boys? wow thats gonna be a handfull. Ill be sure that if those are the ones yall pick that they are raised proper... meaning as soccer lovers hahaha and for Italy too at that.

Oh and i hear that there are like women everywhere over there... so the question is who are ya gonna bring home for me? HAHA. Well I hope to hear from yall soon. God Bless and pick wisely

Anonymous said...

Great hearing your voices today and my prayers are with you every second. Love, MOM

Dale Richards said...

How do like the raw meat hanging in the market??? Sounds like Travis wants a girl, too (post orphanage age!). God bless you both. We will keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Laura and Rob, Our thoughts and prayers are with you...can hardly wait to hear about the outcome of your visits! Much love, Cousin Colleen

Anonymous said...

Laura and Rob - how very excited you must be. Your updates bring back such fond memories of my trip just 9 months ago. You are smart to write down all of your feelings - they will keep coming so fast that the new ones will soon push out the old. I hope you have a wonderful time today meeting your boys. And Laura, don't worry - I, too, had questions about whether a boy was right for me...now I can not imagine my life without him. Jack can not wait to meet his new International cousins!

Love, Carol and Jack

Anonymous said...

Three boys... I thought two was enough, but the more the merrier! That makes me one of seven. At least I'm the oldest!!!

Love you Dad and Laura!

Crystal