Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

I (Laura) have had an awesome Mother's Day and am blessed everyday by the children (and adults) in my life and particularly by my husband whose cards always seem to say just the right thing. Usually they bring tears to my eyes as well with the handwritten portions. This year's was particularly touching because he wrote about his excitement over sharing the next phase of life and new children with me. Each of our older children, in their own unique ways, also made me feel special for Mother's Day.
Our lives will be forever changed with the addition of this next set of children. I can't wait to meet them! Good thing the Lord already knows them by name and has hand picked and created the right ones for us. Now the biggest and hardest part will be to make sure we follow His lead and have the discernment to know which ones He has chosen for us and accept them without question. Whew! I don't know how we would choose otherwise.
We also had the awesome privilege of being honored by our church family this morning at both services for our upcoming adoption journey. We are hoping to be able to greatly bless the orphanages we come in contact with in order to establish an ongoing relationship to help support all those children we will have to leave behind who also need mamas and papas.
Thank you Pastor Mark and our Crosswalk Family for your support, comments, and prayers.
They meant a great deal to both of us!

A big Happy Mother's Day to my mom, grandmother, and mother-in-law. You are all appreciated very much and we are fortunate to have you in our lives. We love you very much and we thank you for all you do :) XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we were able to make your day special.

Love you guys,
Crystal