Thursday, May 31, 2007

Now We Are Rollin'

(Rob speaking)
Someone should suggest to Busch Gardens the idea of making a roller coaster ride out of a Ukraine adoption. After feeling like we were going to fall behind during the last 2 days, we turn around today and get everything we need. Our papers are done and should be on their way to Kiev. We are very hopeful for a Friday June the 8th court date. That means I might get back to work on the 11th, I never thought I would say this, but I'll be glad to go back. It will be very hard to leave my bride here, but June (Laura's mom) will take good care of her and be a great help as well. Pack light and dress light June, because it is hot!!!

We got to go see the youngest and the oldest today. I'm afraid the middle one is getting slighted because he is so far away, but he seems pretty happy-go-lucky, so he'll be okay. We captured some great short video's today of the youngest. Laura was holding him and just leaning him upside down(don't know how to describe it better) and he was laughing up a storm. It was so cute some of the little ones wanted to come and play. This cute little girl was having a blast just rolling the ball back and forth with me. Her smile could melt the polar icecaps. We are trying to determine if they make the same little girl "diaper cover head" everyday or if they rotate it. You'll understand when we post the pictures next week. It's hillarious.

When we went to see the oldest one today we felt like we have really connected with him. Laura bought some shoes, since all the kids go out side in flip flops, or sandals, and it's difficult for him to play ball. You should have seen the look on his face with new socks and new shoes. I thought his cheeks might break because of his big smile. I knew we had really made an impact when the moment he stepped out the door he said something to his friends. I would imagine it when something like, "Hey guys, check out these new shoes" When we got out to the playground area he wanted to show us he could run all the way around and do a full lap. He did it, and even managed to wave to us half way around. We did manage to limit him to one banana, one bottle of water, and one snack today. He tried for two, but the strickt Papa had to say, "only one." He seemed to understand, but I can see that he may be our food horder. I also had to play sherriff today with one of the other young boys who was tourmenting in really nice young puppy. He was picking it up by his front legs and spinning him around. After yelling at him and making him stop that, he put the puppy in the bushes by an older dog that bit the puppy, and then was looking like he was going after him with a stick. I know it's hard to believe, but I yelled at him again. He didn't take me seriously, silly young lad. He tried to run away from me and keep me from taking the stick, well I may be getting old, and I may be out of shape, but I can still run down a 5 yr. old. Soooo........I drug him back to his teacher kicking and eventually crying, and told her that he was being mean to the sabadka(dog). She understood and Igor reinforced with translation to be sure. Just so everyone knows, I wasn't scared of him because he is smaller than me. (Ha! Ha!) So it was a pretty full day, we made progress, saw two of our boys, brought them great joy(us too), and saved a puppy in distress.

I would also like to thank everyone for commenting on the blog. We have replied to some of your comments if you have a blog site. We've done them as a blog post to your site because we don't have everyone's e-mail, and quite frankly we can't understand all the buttons on the blog because they are in Russian. Thanks also to Sharon for taking our call yesterday and being a great support, we lucky to be working with you.

Expecting lower gas prices when we get back,

Rob and Laura

No comments: