Wednesday, May 30, 2007

2 busy days

(Rob writing)
Well we finished up a day of rest with 2 very busy days. These felt like 2 unproductive days to boot. The shining point was it was Laura's birthday. She is _ _ years old. The first to guess Laura's age other than family or the Cook's, or Sharon, since she can look it up, wins the next Ukraine prize. We started Tuesday out leisurely, but then Igor promptly got us in gear. We were getting forms, going to the Notary, and going to Yuri's orphanage. But, before we went to the orphanage Igor took us bowling for Laura's birthday gift. We had a lot of fun, even though most of our scores weren't too good. Must have been the Ukrainian bowling balls.

We got to spend some good time with Yuri, and we also got to play with some very nice older children. We played a version of volleyball with a very small kids ball. It didn't matter, we had fun, we laughed, and we all got dusty. Everything and everyone gets dusty no matter what you do, and especially when you play. We also let the kids listen to the IPOD to see what kind of music they liked, and Laura received a Russian lesson from a very friendly girl, who didn't want to let Laura go. Yuri gladly accepted two snacks, half a litre of water, and 1/3 of a bottle of Coke. He was trying to keep all these things in his little hands and found that since he had stuff he also had a lot of friends. It was like feeding time at the zoo. The only downside is that I hurt my leg running for a ball, yes Travis I did say running. Don't worry, they didn't have to amputate. I think it was a really bad calf cramp, but it sure felt like something popped way out of place. I'm walking better today, I'm afraid if I don't Laura will place me on a street corner with a tin cup to finance our trip.

Today started out really rocky. We had some moral, christian value issues with Igor. I don't know if I conveyed my wishes in the right manner, but I know I made the right decision, and since our trip has been blessed so far I don't feel that turning a blind eye will help us in the long run. In the short run it will probably cost us more money. Pray for my temper, because it's really getting under my skin. We went to Molachansk today since they were supposed to have our papers ready, guess what, they didn't. Now Igor has to go back tomorrow. It's at least $80USD everytime we go there so it hurts to not be productive when we are there.

Now my bride and I will walk about 2 miles from the internet cafe of our choice back to the apartment. I have to be nice or she will walk faster than me, (hurt leg, remember) and I'll have to walk by myself.

Pakah (see you later)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief! You're out of the country for a week and a half and your already breaking yourself! I cant let you go anywhere! Good luck with the progress issues, hopefully they will get on the ball.

Love you,
Crystal

Also, why cant family guess her age? This would be an easy win for us!!! LOL

sabatiniadoptions said...

Rob, what other orphanages besides Molachansk are you dealing with? We just completed our adoption from Berdyansk and Molachansk. I know what you mean about the cost to drive out there. How do you like the roads to Molachansk? It's like an amusement ride!!

Primo

Anonymous said...

Don't be afraid to stand up for your Christian values. Especially consider the example or actions your son is seeing! Sometimes silence or turning the other way is not the answer.

Now to guess Laura's age: 29? :-)

Q's News said...

Hey - thanks for the update. We will be praying that you will have God's wisdom as you approach the myriad situations you'll encounter.

Tim & Char

Anonymous said...

That temper comes with being Italian !! and the hurt leg is just a part of getting older ! HA HA. I pray they get to work for you both, you have waited long enough. Now to guess Laura's age I will say 37 .
Love to you both,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Call me between 2pm and 8pm your time Thur, to exchange data, dates etc. Keep copy of all med. & shot records & get blood tests ASAP - Clear the way for AmEmb med.later. Give the boys & each other a hug. Dedicated Babushka.

Chris and Kim said...

We adopted our 4 year old son in January. Igor was our facilitator also. We are following your blog and wanted to let you know we are praying for your adoption, but also specifically about your time with Igor. We lived with him for a month and certainly know some of the moral/christian value issues that come up. We'll be praying!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that our family is continuing to pray for your adoptions, and that we are so excited about our new cousins! Happy belated birthday, Laura (and I know your age, but I would NEVER tell :-) !).
With much love,
Cousin Colleen