Friday, May 18, 2007

Ready to Go!?

This is my first attempt to update the Blog (Rob). It's 1:45am and we are still getting ready for our trip. Just taking care of a few loose ends, and quite frankly I don' think either of us wants to go to sleep. It is truly amazing how fast time can creep up on you. It's been a year and a half since we started this process, but it only seems like a blink of an eye.

Laura and I think we have everything ready, the kids room was completed yesterday, great job Laura, the garage has been cleaned out and we actually got both cars inside, great job me, and the rest of the house is somewhat in order.

We have plenty of peanut butter, hand sanitizer and movies. Apparently you can't get peanut butter in Ukraine, go figure. We feel we are sufficiently loaded with technology, IPAQ pocket pc, wireless keyboard,(thanks Dave), IPOD, noise cancelling headphones, electronic translator, portable DVD, domestic and international cell phones, camcorder, new digital camera, and I think that's all, at least I hope so......

Our church blessed us with a donation which we will use to bless whatever orphanage we go to, and hopefully this will help Leslie, our missionary friend, establish a relationship to be able to visit the orphanage and work with the children.

We were hoping Travis and Mayra would have been able to make is home tonight, but they couldn't. They just finished their finals and I'm sure they are going to welcome one last night to just chill out with their friends. I'm sure I speak for both of them when I say, "If you visit them, bring food." One piece of advice, since Mayra now has her license, if you see her on the road, be very careful, and don't let her park next to you. Just kidding, she is doing fine with her driving. My very handsome son Travis will be driving my convertible. I don't know how the ladies will be able to resist him now.

My wife has informed me that I've been playing around long enough and I need to get back to work.

Duhsv'e Dahn yuh

3 comments:

SuzieQ said...

You did a great job on the update Rob ! I am so excited for the both of you and can't wait to meet the little ones when you come home. We will be keeping you in our prayers and looking for the updates on the progress. Love ya' guys !!!

Q's News said...

Hey - are you there yet? Are you there yet?

We heard that it's ochen hot - hope you are holding up!

We're praying for you.

Tim and Chalene

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am getting better at driving... I just hit ur mailbox, but u do not really need since I also knock a hole in the garage door so the mail man can just put the mail there...lol... I am praying for you, luv ya!
Mayra