Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Mama gets a weekend pass!






Woo hoo! Mama had a whole weekend to herself. Rob took the kids to Pennsylvania for the weekend. Yep, the WHOLE weekend and yep, ALL 3! What a brave soul. He knew I needed some time to myself and also to get the house back in order after the past 2 months of chaos and adjustment. We had flash cards literally strewn throughout the house and anything that had (notice that was past tense verbiage) pieces to it no longer had them all. They might be in the bathroom, refrigerator, yard, garage, pants pockets, and even in the coffee maker. We had pieces of artwork all over and puzzle pieces under the beds, in the toy box, etc etc. Well, you get the gist (is gist really a word, oh well).



Anyway, I started out the weekend having dinner with my best friend, Christine, who thought I had totally checked out of life for a while. Technically I think I did. That was great to laugh and eat and talk and laugh some more. Laughter is a great medicine and good way to come back to reality. I realized that trying to put banana in your eyelids so they will stay is really not punishable by death and crying over spilt milk (I'm talking about me crying, not the boys) is not healthy.



I got to go to a baby shower as well as attend the full church service and hear the whole sermon without having to retrieve anyone, go to the bathroom, or feed anyone a snack. I even treated myself to the churches cafe after the service and got a creamsicle smoothie! Boy, I was living high on the hog. I got to sleep by myself (love the hubby but he is definitely a sleep stealer) and didn't have to share anything with anybody. Pretty Christ-like, don't you think! Just kidding. I got to spend some time with the Lord and He just filled me back up to keep on keeping on and gave me the wisdom and strength do some things differently and hold my ground on others. Can't imagine doing this without His help.



I missed my little guys hugs and kisses and their little voices on the phone just weren't the same. I did get a chance to catch up on the bills, relax a little, do some much needed paperwork and clean and start to go through the mountain of donated things we have received and put them in a little better order.



The hugs and smiles upon their return was priceless. They had a great time at Grandma and Pappy's house but were ready to be home and get a hug and kiss from mama. Gotta love those big "I missed you" hugs. Cures just about everything.






Rejuvenated and ready to tackle this weeks challenges and joys,



mama mama mama

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura, it was good to see you at the baby shower and glad you were able to get your much needed "alone" time to replenish yourself. No need to feel guilty! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Love,
Debbie

Beth said...

What a blessed family! I know you are finally happy in your quest for family and love. Well deserved and many congratualtions to you all.

Northern Virginia still loves you and misses you immensely!

Beth