Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mothers Day Blessings



What can I say? I'm extremely blessed to have 6 wonderful children, a great mom and a great mother in law. I missed my older kids today but was at least able to talk to 2 of the 3 of them. It seems like yesterday that they were as young as the ones we still have at home. Really makes you think about how you spend your time and what you spend your time doing. In the end all that really matters is what you did to glorify God. Taking care of his children is sometimes (well, a lot of the time) tiring, thankless work, but it will go so much further than anything money can buy or deeds can produce.
When you get butterfly kisses, and chocolate hands around your neck, and a half eaten candy bracelet and can truly say "Thank you, Lord" for what you have given me, then you get to get a small glimpse of heaven through the eyes or your child.
Well today I was treated to good morning kisses and a wonderful breakfast to include handmade cards and school projects from the little boys and a beautiful card from my husband as well as my new desk chair for the office. We went to church and then out to lunch at Plaza Azteca where they make the guacamole right at your table. No trouble finishing that off with some chips. Then it was home to relax and watch the movie "Tooth Fairy". Then I got to just relax, get my new phone activated and then enjoy a delicious dinner of shrimp and pasta alfredo made by my number one all time favorite chef, my husband.
I spent a little extra time with our 3 youngest ones today after their baths and retold their story of how Jesus had blessed us with them and that He knew when He created them that we would be their mama and papa to which they all responded with such honest hearts. Vanya said, "I thought you picked me because I was the cutest!" Veecha said,"I know mama. He told me that too." Yuri said,"I love you too mama. Can you scratch my back now." Out of the mouths of babes! Below are the videos they made me to remember this day. Priceless!






Thank you Lord for all my children!!!!!!
Mama Mama Mama

3 comments:

52 said...

TOO CUTE!!!
so sad I wasn't there for that!
see you soon :)
Love ya!
~Mayra~

52 said...

TOO CUTE!!!
so sad I wasn't there for that!
see you soon :)
Love ya!
~Mayra~

Stefanie and Bill said...

Hi Laura! You will never guess where I am. If you guessed Ukraine, you are correct! About a week shy of bringing our 5th SON home. Yes, 5 little boys 9 and under! Your Boys are darling! Great to read all your updates!