Monday, November 12, 2007

Big day for Vanya!





Today was the first day that Vanya got to ride the school bus and go to preschool without mama! I never thought I would be one to get emotional about putting a child on the bus for school and never really understood when other mothers cried after putting their kindergartner on the bus the first day. NOW I understand. Seeing that little face in the window of the school bus after he got on brought the tears right out but I held them back so he wouldn't see them.


He was sooo excited about being a big boy and riding the school bus right up until the time came to actually get on the school bus. He didn't cry or make a scene but his expression told the whole story; apprehension, uncertainty, and little scared. I knew he would fine and I had to resist just getting on the bus and taking him off and keeping him at home. He took his "baby" with him and was holding on tight so I knew he was a little unsure of the whole bus, school, no mama deal. One he got there the teacher said he was happy when he got off the bus and did fine all day. I'm waiting for him to get home now and trying to get this post finished before going outside to great my little man with a big hug and kiss.


It was touching to see Victor take Vanya's hand and walk with him and talk to him on the way to their bus stop. My oldest, Yuri, isn't quite the touchy feely kind so he was content to just watch the other two and get in a picture here and there. Victor and Vanya seem to be getting closer to each other and can now play nicely as they horse around instead of really trying to hurt each other. Yuri, on the other hand, still enjoys scaring the other two and playing keep away since he is bigger. I know one day they will all get along (hopefully) when they realize that mama and papa love them all equally and they don't have to fight with each other to get our attention. I know a little of that will always go on but it will hopefully be a little scaled down from the knock down drag outs they have now. When they realize having brothers is pretty cool and they start to stick up for each other I will jump for joy. Won't be today or tomorrow but I look forward to that in the future.


Gotta go,


mama mama mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, VANYA - you were such a brave boy taking the bus to school today. Babushka loved the "real movie" of you and will cherish it always. LOVE AND HUGS.

Diana said...

Very, very precious! I cried too when my baby got on the bus for the first time (well, after a brief celebration on my part, that is :-)