Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy









The title of this post is appropriately named from one of the cards we have received since being home. My 3 little boys are ALL boy and have now explored ever square inch of the house and yard. They have found things we never even knew we had (lost football in back yard, vase from under the deck, ponytail holders from under our dresser) They have been quite a handful but very busy but all in all the laughter throughout the house just brings joy to my heart. Don't get me wrong, there has been a lot of screaming and crying as well. I think keeping in mind that we have taken them from the only life they have known and put them in new situations meeting new people every day keeps the perspective correct.
They each have their own way of adjusting and an extra dose of patience has been required on many an occasion. Things that seems to be sooooo important to them are sometimes hard for us to understand in our adult minds. Not wanting to put socks on with our shoes would not ordinarily cause any of us too much anxiety but to a 5 year old that is a huge big deal not that he knows he has a choice about a few things here and there.
Since the boys had never actually been together and are used to having mama and papa all to themselves the whole sharing thing has been a bit of a challenge. They all want us to themselves so mama mama mama mama is a frequent sound by 3 little voices all day long. I think they have decided that who ever says it the loudest will get the attention. Good thing we have done this before or this mama would be frazzled. It's amazing the strength you can draw from the Lord when you feel you are at the end of your own. Throughout this journey we have been able to see God's hand in sooo many things and feel Him right beside us and now that we are home He gives us the strength each day to guide these little guys in the way they should go. Of course that doesn't mean that it is easy and it doesn't mean we aren't exhausted at the end of the day, but knowing that at least these kids will hear the Word and be trained as best we can in the way they should go is very comforting.
All our friends and family have been great and we have been extremely blessed. We have had a welcome home party and many visits and gifts from friends as well as a big box of clothes from my cousin and a big castle slide that one of our neighbors was getting ready to get rid of. All of those things came in so handy and at the right time. BIG thanks you's all the way around. I think I have gotten a few notes written but even as I write this the kids are eating their cereal with their fingers instead of their spoon and probably putting a few things on the floor and in their lap as well. I think that is my cue to go. I'll try to post some pictures as soon as time allows.

Bye for now from mama mama mama mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This week was very special with a phone call from VANYA "Evan David" (with Papa) and a sweet little voice said, "Babushka, I miss you!" Well, my heart melted and I'm hoping that the phone calls from VA will continue often! HINT

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Cute, cute, cute! What else can I say. Even though I'm sure you and Rob are exhausted much of the time, the boys look so happy. What a gift you have given them -- the gift of love and family. God bless you.

Love,
Christine